What if I want to buy more copies? Should I buy it at MRP?

BUUKS Author Forum BUUKS Author Forum Pricing What if I want to buy more copies? Should I buy it at MRP?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 1 month ago.

• Author

Johny
    Participant

Your author copies are ranging from 10 to 40 copies based on packages. What if I want to buy more copies? Should I buy it at MRP?

admin
    Keymaster

Author copies that come with the publishing packages are complimentary copies that we offer according to the publishing package.

As an author, you will be able to directly buy copies of your book from us, at a reduced price that includes only printing and shipping charges (plus GST) for the orders that you’ll be placing.

For example, on a book of MRP 300, if your shipping and printing cost comes up to 120 INR, then you can find a distributor/bookseller/retailer directly to negotiate a charge for distributing your book.

Usually a distributor/bookseller/retailer asks for about 30% to 50% of the MRP as distribution cost and in that case, you’ll be spending 120 INR on printing and shipping the copies to the seller’s location, 90 INR to 150 INR on distribution cost and your royalty will be anywhere between 90 INR to 30 INR on every book that you sell.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  admin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.